As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing
Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap,
Familial Status, or National Origin.
Please be prepared to pay the application fee ($65) as outlined in the
property listing. In addition to this rental application, you will also be
required to provide a copy of a valid form of identification and proof of
The following is the APPLICANT CRITERIA: Including CREDIT CRITERIA, RENTAL
HISTORY CRITERIA, INCOME CRITERIA, CRIMINAL CHECK and BACKGROUND POLICY and
PET POLICY.. By submitting your application, you are acknowledging that
you have read and understand the CRITERIA and POLICIES.
Please read the following policies. If you feel you meet the qualification
guidelines, please submit an application. We do process all applications
receive. If there are multiple applications, the most qualified application
will be approved (ex. higher credit score, higher income, better rental
history). The reason is that we have an obligation to the property owner to
find the best qualified applicant. Incomplete applications will not be
- Each person 18 years of age and older who will occupy the home, must
complete an online application.
- Our residences are non-smoking properties (incl. garage space).
- Renters insurance is required to reside in our managed properties. 1st
Choice Property Management must be named as additional insured in the
There is a $65.00 non-refundable processing fee for each applicant.
Applications are completed online.
- Currently we use Experian to determine credit score and other reporting.
Scores from other sources will not be accepted.
- We will obtain a credit report for each applicant. Reports supplied by
applicants will not be accepted.
- The deposit amount is scaled based off your actual credit score.
- If credit score is under 500, application will be denied.
- An open Federal Tax Lien will cause for application denial.
- Bankruptcy status and age will determine if an application is accepted
with increased deposit or denied.
RENTAL HISTORY CRITERIA: The following can be used for rejection or
increased Security Deposit:
- Eviction, broken lease or judgement within the last 5 years is an automatic denial.
- Eviction or outstanding balances due to a previous landlord over 5 years old could have an increased deposit or denial.
- We do not take rental verifications from family members.
- 1 person must meet or exceed gross income that is 3x the monthly rent.
- We will combine up to TWO gross monthly incomes which must meet or exceed
3.5x monthly rent (income must be from people occupying the home - we do not accept Guarantors.
- Income will be verified by the employer's HR department or,
the prior month’s pay stubs with YTD calculation on check stub,
to be provided with the application.
- Self-employed applicants must attach 2 year’s worth of current tax returns - no exceptions.
The AGI on your tax returns must reflect and amount that meets or exceeds the income requirement.
- Unverifiable income will not be considered.
Photo ID’s must be provided at the time the lease application is submitted.
CRIMINAL CHECK and BACKGROUND POLICY: :
A criminal background check will be run on every applicant. Felonies
involving person or property convictions are cause for automatic rejection.
Review the attached list of offenses that are cause for rejection. Your
application authorizes 1st Choice Property Management to perform a Criminal
Background check on you. The following offenses are cause for automatic
- Arson or Destruction of Property
- Indecency with a Child
- Lewd Behavior
- Organized Crime
- Sale/Manufacture of Drugs
- Sex Crimes
Any other offense may be cause for rejection or for special provisions to
be added to your lease, such as Bad Checks would be cause for us to not
accept rent payment by check.
Our Pet Policy is as follows, and this is not an agreement to
allow you to have a pet. A Pet Agreement must be in place before you bring
a pet on the property. We have a policy of two pet maximum per household,
and all pets must have current shots. When you apply to have a Pet
Agreement, a current picture of the pet must be submitted, along with their
shot records, when applying through petscreening.com. The Pet Agreement is
only good for that particular pet and not for any subsequent pets.
All pets (Limit 2) will be subject to a $300 non-refundable pet fee.
All pets will need to apply at:
Recommended Assistance Animals (i.e. service/emotional/companion/etc.)
accommodation requests are not subject to pet deposits or fees.
Apply at: https://www.petscreening.com/referral/fPfv8cnK8SlL
We will not accept Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Mastiffs, or any other breed
that is considered aggressive. The yard must be picked up at least twice
weekly. Fences will be maintained by the tenant to insure the pet remains
in the yard. Pets will not be allowed loose outside of the backyard. No
dogs will be allowed in a home that does not have a fenced yard.
Resident Benefit Package
$29/mo - Included with ALL 1st Choice Property Management Residential Agreements is a Resident Benefits Package.
Below is a list and description of the benefits included in this package. It will be advertised specifically for each property and included in all Lease Agreements.
- MOVING CONCIERGE PROGRAM: The moving concierge service is a third party company which assists Residents in activating utilities, internet, cable and alarm services with one simple phone call rather than individualized requests to specific companies. The Utility Concierge Program simplifies the process of transferring all services and utilities into the name of incoming Resident.
- NO UPFRONT MOVE IN OR LEASE PREPARATION FEE: When moving into a property, Residents are often charged numerous fees. Commonly experienced fees consist of a “lease preparation fee” or a “Credit Risk Mitigation” fee. Moving is expensive and 1st Choice Property Management seeks to make the process as affordable as possible.
- GENERAL PEST CONTROL TREATMENT: Preoccupancy general treatment of interior and perimeter wall exterior.
- RESIDENT LIABILITY INSURANCE: 1st Choice Property Management has procured and instituted a master tenants policy that is included in the Resident Benefit Package. Enrollment in this program waives your obligation to provide a certificate of insurance for accidental damages arising from fire, smoke, explosion, and sudden and accidental water discharge caused by your negligent acts or omissions as described in your lease agreement up to $100,000. The insurance only waives your liability to the property and does not waive your liability to any third parties. The insurance only applies to accidental damage caused by your negligent acts or omissions and does not apply to damages caused by your deliberate or intentional acts or omissions. The insurance applies up to $100,000; any amount in excess of $100,000 remains subject to the lease agreement. Other coverage may apply to the tenant. Tenant shall receive, without an insurance application and insurance credit check, upon execution of this agreement, and shall maintain in full force at all times during the term of this Agreement, at tenants expense, tenants insurance provided by 1st Choice Property Management. Subject to the terms, exclusions and limitations provided therein, the 1st Choice Property Management master tenant’s policy provides the tenant with: Liability: $100,000, Tenant Contents: $10,000, Medical Payments: $3,000, and Additional Living Expense: $3,000. Deductible: $500. 1st Choice Property Management is the named insured of the Master Tenant Policy and the tenant shall be named as additional insured for their leased unit. The tenant’s insurance will commence on the move-in date as governed by the lease agreement. Tenants shall have access to the Master Tenant Policy and certificate of insurance at their request. Tenants will be responsible for contacting 1st Choice Property Management for
claims submissions. Resident shall be responsible to pay any deductibles charged per incident for claims related to the leased unit. Conditions and exclusions apply, so please review the policy for details. This is provided to you without applications, credit checks, or billing.
- EASY ONLINE RESIDENT PORTAL: Used for Payments, Electronic Statements and Maintenance Requests: You have 24/7 access to your Tenant Portal to submit maintenance requests, pay online using E-Check/ACH payment options only, as well as access to electronic documents.
- UTILITY AND MAINTENANCE REDUCTION PROGRAM: 1st Choice Property Management will facilitate delivery of HVAC filters to the property every 60 days under the Utility & Maintenance Reduction Program. Residnets shall properly install the filter that is provided within two (2) days of receipt. Resident hereby acknowledges that the filters will be dated and subject to inspection by Landlord upon reasonable notice to verify replacement has been timely made. If at any time Resident is unable to properly or timely install a filter Resident shall immediately notify Landlord in writing. Resident’s failure to properly and timely replace the filters is a material breach of this agreement and Landlord shall be entitled to exercise all rights and remedies it has against Resident and Resident shall be liable to Landlord for all damages to the property, A/C or heating system caused by Resident's neglect or misuse.
- 24hr MAINTENANCE HOTLINE: Get Live Support for after hours, holidays and weekend emergency calls.
- 1 MISSED APPOINTMENT WAIVER: We know things come up and appointments can be missed, avoid that missed appointment fee for 1 forgiveness. (Once Annually)
- 1 ACH/NSF REVERSAL WAIVER: 1st Choice Property Management will grant a one-time waiver of a returned ACH or Check payment fee. (Once Annually)
- LATE PAY FORGIVENESS: Good for use once Annually (5 days max forgiveness, Once Annually)
- NO COST BATTERY REPLACEMENT: On Smoke Alarms, CO2 Detectors and HVAC Control Unit. If you hear your detectors beeping due to low battery, give us a call and we will get you taken care of.
***Resident Benefit Package is REQUIRED with all lease agreements with 1st Choice. There is no Opt-Out of this program. Tenants Benefit Packages will be billed as one charge on a monthly basis that includes the insurance benefit and payment/service benefits.
***Residents will be named as Additionally Insured under 1st Choice Property Management Master Insurance Policy. Residents will be responsible for any charged deductibles of $500 per incident for claims.
***INSURANCE DISCLAIMER. 1st Choice Property Management has the right and full authority to change, amend, modify or cancel; coverage, limits, benefits, waivers, requirements, cost, master insurance policy and Tenant Benefit Package at any time and tenant shall agree to comply with any such changes at that time. Tenant insurance is non-transferrable to other tenants, leased units or properties. The Tenant Master Policy is in excess of any existing Renters insurance coverage available. The underwriting insurance company is responsible for all claims handling and claim decisions. 1st Choice Property Management is not an adjuster and does not pay claims or make claim decisions. If the tenant chooses to purchase additional coverage to protect their own interests or property over and above the insurance benefit provided by 1st Choice Property Management, the tenant can procure a renters insurance policy at their expense. This is not intended to replace a tenant’s personal property or liability insurance policy. Tenant Benefit Package waives your obligation to the insurance requirement in your lease agreement. Tenant should consult an insurance professional to evaluate and determine personal insurance needs. Other coverage may be included; see policy for details and exclusions.
CONDITION OF MOVE-IN:
All utility accounts must be transferred into the residents’ name as of
the date of possession. We will have canceled all utility service by the
move in date.
- Security and Pet Deposits will be paid at the time of lease signing.
Only Cashier's Checks, or Money Orders will be accepted.
If, after reading the above and reviewing our Credit, Rental, Income,
Criminal and Pet Criteria, you consider yourself qualified under these
guidelines, please understand the following:
- We will not process your application without the correct funds and all
documentation being submitted together. You application will be held in an
incomplete status or denied.
Once we notify you that your application has been approved, you will
have three business days to bring the full Security Deposit in secured
funds to our office.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US AT 817-768-6992.